Representative Steve King (R-IA) has introduced the Republican plan for health reform. Under this Republican plan:
- You will be denied the right to keep your children on your health plan until age 25.
- Your insurer will be allowed to impose lifetime limits on your health insurance benefits.
- Your insurer will be allowed to rescind your coverage if you get sick.
- If you are on Medicare, you will no longer have the right to a free annual wellness visit with your doctor.
- Your insurance company will no longer be required to spend 80% to 85% of the premiums you pay on actual medical care.
- Your insurance company will no longer be required to justify rate increases.
- Your insurance company will be allowed to deny you coverage if you have a preexisting condition.
- If you have a preexisting condition, you will not have access to health insurance through a high risk pool.
- Your insurance company will be allowed to set annual limits on your benefits.