Could Trump use his power to convene both Houses so he could deliver his State of the Union Address? Maybe. Truman did it.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Monday, November 26, 2018
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Almost 60% off statements made on Fox and Fox guests are either Mostly False, False or so out of the realm of reality to get a “Pants on Fire” rating. If you add in statements that are misleading or only half true, Fox viewers are lied to or misled nearly 80% of the time.
Friday, November 9, 2018
Thursday, November 8, 2018
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Could Trump Try to Use Presidential Emergency Power to Prevent Democrats from Taking Control of the House?
Monday, November 5, 2018
Friday, November 2, 2018
Thursday, November 1, 2018
We are seeing similar results in Texas
In both states, the increase in turnout vs 2014 is higher among Democrats and Independents than among Republicans;
Check out the charts below:
For information about turnout in other battleground states go to:
For additional information on early voting turnout go here:
Tuesday, October 30, 2018
The first clause of the 14th Amendment to our Constitution reads:
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
Monday, September 24, 2018
Sunday, September 23, 2018
I reached out to a number of Republican Senators with a very simple question:
If you found credible evidence that Brett Kavanaugh attempted to rape a 15 year old when he was 17, would you still vote to place him on the U.S. Supreme Court?
None answered the question.
Of course, while Kavanaugh accuser and the Democrats have called for a full investigation of the charges by the FBI, the Republicans, who would have to call for an investigation, have refused to do so. Could it be they don't want to know the truth? Could it be they think the FBI might find credible evidence of Kavanaugh's guilt? And if it did, then Republicans would have to answer may question in word and deed.
Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Women were generally considered to be inferior to men both physically and intellectually just because they were women.
- Women could not study or work outside the home.
- Married women had no legal identity separate from their husbands.
- The main and only job for most women was to give birth and care for children. Women had no other value to society.
- Married women were generally not allowed to go outside their homes for any reason without the approval and permission of their husbands.
- Women did not have the right to vote in all states. At least that is now protected by 19thAmendment.
- Married women could not legally purchase contraception in all states.
- Women could be fired from their job if they got pregnant.
- Courts did not recognize sexual harassment in the workplace.
- A woman could not apply for or obtain a credit card on her own.
- A married woman could not refuse to have sex with her husband. Legally there was no such thing as marital rape.
- A woman could not get a divorce without showing a reason such as adultery. There was no such thing as a No Fault Divorce.
- Non-married women could not legally purchase contraceptives in all states.
- In most states, a woman could not get a legal abortion for any reason
- Non-married minors could not legally purchase contraceptives in all states
Send Republicans that message this November.
VOTE DEMOCRAT and ONLY DEMOCRAT
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
1. If Ford was making up this story, why would she say a third party who was a friend on Kavanaugh was in the room at the time? This is a person who could say he was there and nothing happened. He has refused to do so, merely saying that he "doesn't remember" and doesn't want to get involved. See: https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/mark-judge-possible-witness-alleged-brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-not-want-testify
2. If Ford was making up the story, why would she make it up as part of a therapy session six years ago as she did? There was no political purpose for doing that.
3. If Ford was making up the story, why would she have resisted going public with he story for so long? And, why even now is she resisting public testimony? (See number 5 for why)
4. If Ford was making up the story, why would she risk taking a lie detector test that might show she was lying? She took the test and passed?
5. Why would Ford make up such a story knowing that she would come under vicious attacks from Republicans and Trump supporters when she has nothing to gain professionally or personally from being caught telling a lie and a great deal to lose? Ford knows what happened to Anita Hill. Every woman of her age knows what Republicans did to Hill and that Democrats at the time failed to protect her.
Balance this against the record of Brett Kavanaugh.
1. Kavanaugh has a lot to gain (a lifetime appointment to. the Supreme Court) from denying Ford's story.
2. Kavanaugh is known to have lied before to Congress and under oath. See: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-russ-feingold-kavanaugh-lies_us_5ba020f6e4b013b0977defff.
3. As Former Senator Russ Feingold has written, "Kavanaugh himself has a casual relationship with the truth ― and in that, he fits right in with the way President Donald Trump and his party behave. " Trump and the Republicans are the last people who would criticize Kavanaugh or anyone else who supported their agenda for lying to the American people. They do it all the time. For Trump it is SOP, particularly when it comes to charges of improper sexual behavior toward women. See: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-russ-feingold-kavanaugh-lies_us_5ba020f6e4b013b0977defff.
Monday, September 17, 2018
Women of America and men who respect women are you watching and listening? Send a wakeup call to Republicans in November that attempted rape isn't funny and accusations of rape should be taken seriously regardless of time or age of he victim and aggressor.
VOTE DEMOCRAT and ONLY DEMOCRAT. MAKE AMERICA DECENT AGAIN.