Thursday, December 21, 2017
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
It is too late to stop the Republicans from what they are doing to our country with this tax bill. It is NOT for Democrats to mobilize to take back the House and Senate next year and the Presidency in 2020. But, Democrats need your help if America is going to be made a Great Progressive Country again.
MAKE AMERICA PROGRESSIVE AGAIN.
Caps are for sale.
Friday, December 15, 2017
Thursday, December 14, 2017
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
To contact the member of the House of Representatives for your Congressional District, go here and enter your zip code. Then complete the form with what you want to say:
To Contact your Senators, go here:
Friday, December 1, 2017
- Eliminates housing assistance for more than 1 million families.
- Eliminates heating assistance (LIHEAP) for nearly 700,000 seniors on fixed incomes, people with disabilities and families with children.
- Eliminates nutrition assistance for 1.25 million women, infants and children.
- Slashes Pell Grant funding by 33 percent, making college less affordable for more than 8 million working-class students.
- Eliminates Head Start services for 25,000 children every year.
- Cuts $37 billion over the next decade from funding for Alzheimer’s disease, cancer and other critical medical research.
- Makes student loan programs more expensive resulting in a significant increase in college costs for struggling students.
- Farm price support programs;
- Farm Security and Investment programs;
- The Social Services Block Grant;
- Citizenship and Immigration Services;
- Custom and Border Protection; and
- The Crime Victims Fund
Thursday, November 30, 2017
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
See this article from the Center for American Progress on the case against drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge. Share this with your friends,
Monday, November 13, 2017
Sunday, November 12, 2017
Friday, October 13, 2017
The Founding Fathers justified the revolution with reference to God-given rights but when it came to designing a system of government they wanted the government to have nothing to do with religion. Indeed, in Article VI of the Constitution they declare that “no religious Test shall ever be required as a qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.” The first amendment to the Constitution contains a clear statement that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”
Rather than establishing a system of government based upon Christianity or any other religion, the Founding Fathers demanded strict religious neutrality from their new government and its officeholders. They viewed religion as a matter of individual choice which should and must be forever free of government coercion. They understood that the government that could compel one religion could just as well compel adherence to another or none at all.
Our Founding Fathers wanted government officials to exercise strict neutrality with regard to religion when carrying out their official duties. That means you, Doofus Donald. You took an oath of office swearing to protect and defend the Constitution. So, when acting in an official capacity as President of the United States, shut the fuck up when it comes to religion. Keep your religion to yourself. You have a Constitutional obligation to do so.
Thursday, May 25, 2017
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- The CBO says the new version will save $119 billion.
- The CBO says the under the new version 23 million will be uninsured in 2026 than under Obamacare.
- The CBO says under the new version average premiums will go down 4% in states that DO NOT obtain wavers (see #4 below). In half of those states, average premiums may go down a s much as 10%. Premiums will go down more in states that receive waivers but people in those states will have higher out-of-pocket costs that many people will not be able to afford so they will forgo seeking health care.
- The CBO estimates that half of the population lives in states that WILL NOT obtain waivers and about ONE THIRD live in states that WILL obtain waivers to make MODERATE changes.
Friday, May 19, 2017
Monday, May 15, 2017
Friday, May 5, 2017
- if it does not produce a change in outlays or revenues;
- if it produces an outlay increase or revenue decrease when the instructed committee is not in compliance with its instructions;
- if it is outside the jurisdiction of the committee that submitted the title or provision for inclusion in the reconciliation measure;
- if it produces a change in outlays or revenues which is merely incidental to the non-budgetary components of the provision;
- if it would increase the deficit for a fiscal year beyond those covered by the reconciliation measure, though the provisions in question may receive an exception if they in total in a Title of the measure net to a reduction in the deficit; and
- if it recommends changes in Social Security.
Thursday, May 4, 2017
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Trump needs to come forward with everything he knows about Obama's "crime" or be charged with the crime ofmisprision of felony.
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
That's not true.
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) says that:
42% of the uninsured in 2020 and 58% of the uninsured in 2026 will be people who are kicked off Medicaid by cuts in Medicaid funding due to Trumpcare and can't afford to buy individual insurance even with the subsidies Trumpcare offers. Remember, low income Americans are the ones who lose the most in subsidies under Trumpcare.
Another 33% of uninsured Americans in 2020 and 26% in 2026, will lose their insurance because their employer who under Obamacare would have been required to provide health insurance to their workers stop offering group insurance as they are allowed under Trumpcare. Again, most of these will be low income employees who will find that the Trumpcare subsidies will not be enough to make insurance affordable to them in the private market.
Most of the remaining uninsured will be low income people who would like to be insured but can't find affordable insurance even with the subsidies Trumpcare offers. Again remember, Trumpcare does not base subsidies on need. Age is the only criteria. And, the older you are and the poorer you are the less these subsidies help in offsetting your premiums.
BOTTOM LINE: Don't buy the Republican crap about the uninsured being Americans exercising their freedom of choice. That's bunk. MOST OF THE AMERICANS IN 2020 AND 2026 WHO ARE UNINSURED WILL NOT BE EXERCISING FREEDOM OF CHOICE. THEY WILL BE VICTIMS OF TRUMPCARE. An unknown number of these Americans will die due to lack access to medical care because Trump was elected and the Republicans obtained control of both Houses of Congress.
Monday, March 13, 2017
Friday, March 10, 2017
Thursday, March 9, 2017
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
NOTE: Most of this would hit 55+ Ameicans living in states that voted for Trump the hardest while providing millions of dollars of tax cuts to billionaires like Trump and his buddies.