The Obama administration inherited from Bush and the Republicans the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Thanks to failed economic leadership by the Republicans, the country was on the verge of a second Great Depression. So what have Democrats and the Obama administration accomplished with little if any support from Republicans? Here is a report card.
- Created or saved nearly 3.2 million jobs.
- Provided health care tax credits to over 6.7 small businesses.
- Gave over 111.3 million middle class families a tax cut.
- Insured that over 5.6 million Americans would no longer be denied health insurance coverage because of a pre-existing condition.
- Saved the jobs of 161,000 teachers.
- Funded over 3,800 projects to help secure our energy future.
Not a bad record and, as I said, these achievements were almost universally resisted by Republicans. If they had their way, jobs wouldn’t have been saved, small businesses wouldn’t have any help in purchasing health insurance for their employees, millions of Americans would still be denied health insurance through no fault of their own, thousands of teachers would be out of work, and there wouldn’t be funding for the energy projects we need to secure our future.
Go here to see accomplishments in your own state and/or Congressional district.
Click on the drop down box to see results for your state.