If you are over the age of 55, the Republican “Obamacare Replacement” is definitely NOT FOR YOU. In fact, if the Repub health care plan becomes law, you are going to be scr**wed healthwise.
The AARP took a look at the provisions of the Repub’s American Health Care Act. Their conclusion? It would be a disaster for anyone over the age of 55.
According to AARP’s analysis, the Republican proposal would:
1. Cause the Medicare Part A Trust fund to go insolvent 4 years earlier than under Obamacare. Say goodbye to your Medicare in 2024 if not sooner. [Note: Obamacare ADDED 11 years to the life of Medicare.]
2. Cut $25 billion from Medicare Part B between 2017 and 2026 causing the Part B Trust Fund to go insolvent much earlier than it would under Obamacare.
3. Increase the annual premium for 50-64 year old Americans by $3,200. Some 64 year olds could see their premiums go up by as much as $8,400 per year, making health insurance out of reach for many.
4. “Result in overwhelming cost shifts (for Medicaid) to states, state taxpayers, and families unable to shoulder the costs of care without sufficient federal support.” [These shifts would result in drastic cuts to Medicare program eligibility and services with disastrous consequences for seniors with low incomes.]
5. Make it harder for older adults and people with disabilities to stay in their homes and communities for as long as possible. [Note: On average institutional care is three times more expensive than home-based care. Your tax dollars would have to make up this difference.]
NOTE: Most of this would hit 55+ Ameicans living in states that voted for Trump the hardest while providing millions of dollars of tax cuts to billionaires like Trump and his buddies.
Read the AARP analysis here:
Post a Comment