The Republican tax cut bill will result in the following according to a recent Senate Budget Committee Minority Staff report.
- Eliminates housing assistance for more than 1 million families.
- Eliminates heating assistance (LIHEAP) for nearly 700,000 seniors on fixed incomes, people with disabilities and families with children.
- Eliminates nutrition assistance for 1.25 million women, infants and children.
- Slashes Pell Grant funding by 33 percent, making college less affordable for more than 8 million working-class students.
- Eliminates Head Start services for 25,000 children every year.
- Cuts $37 billion over the next decade from funding for Alzheimer’s disease, cancer and other critical medical research.
- Makes student loan programs more expensive resulting in a significant increase in college costs for struggling students.
Totally eliminates the following:
- Farm price support programs;
- Farm Security and Investment programs;
- The Social Services Block Grant;
- Citizenship and Immigration Services;
- Custom and Border Protection; and
- The Crime Victims Fund
All this so that a few very wealthy individuals will pay less taxes.
ADDITIONALLY, THE REPUBLICAN TAX BILL MAY RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT AUTOMATIC CUTS IN MEDICARE FUNDING.
Is this what you want for our country?
Read more here: