Christine Blasey Ford has finally come forward to accuse Brett Kavanaugh of attempted rape. Why should she be believed over him.
1. If Ford was making up this story, why would she say a third party who was a friend on Kavanaugh was in the room at the time? This is a person who could say he was there and nothing happened. He has refused to do so, merely saying that he "doesn't remember" and doesn't want to get involved. See: https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/mark-judge-possible-witness-alleged-brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-not-want-testify
2. If Ford was making up the story, why would she make it up as part of a therapy session six years ago as she did? There was no political purpose for doing that.
3. If Ford was making up the story, why would she have resisted going public with he story for so long? And, why even now is she resisting public testimony? (See number 5 for why)
4. If Ford was making up the story, why would she risk taking a lie detector test that might show she was lying? She took the test and passed?
5. Why would Ford make up such a story knowing that she would come under vicious attacks from Republicans and Trump supporters when she has nothing to gain professionally or personally from being caught telling a lie and a great deal to lose? Ford knows what happened to Anita Hill. Every woman of her age knows what Republicans did to Hill and that Democrats at the time failed to protect her.
Balance this against the record of Brett Kavanaugh.
1. Kavanaugh has a lot to gain (a lifetime appointment to. the Supreme Court) from denying Ford's story.
2. Kavanaugh is known to have lied before to Congress and under oath. See: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-russ-feingold-kavanaugh-lies_us_5ba020f6e4b013b0977defff.
3. As Former Senator Russ Feingold has written, "Kavanaugh himself has a casual relationship with the truth ― and in that, he fits right in with the way President Donald Trump and his party behave. " Trump and the Republicans are the last people who would criticize Kavanaugh or anyone else who supported their agenda for lying to the American people. They do it all the time. For Trump it is SOP, particularly when it comes to charges of improper sexual behavior toward women. See: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-russ-feingold-kavanaugh-lies_us_5ba020f6e4b013b0977defff.